Closing Date: 8 March 2019
Reference Number Athlone News: 13/2/2019, PSVC 6/2019
Component: Department of Health
Core Title: Management and Support Personnel
Service benefits:13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
Salary: R 115 437 per annum
Salary Level: Level 3
- Basic Numeracy and Literacy.
- Appropriate experience as a Driver.
Inherent requirements of the job
- Valid Public Driver’s Permit (PDP).
- Valid code C1 (code 10) driver’s licence.
- Work overtime as per needs requirement and perform standby duties afterhours, including weekends and public holidays.Sober habits.
- Knowledge of Transport Circular U2 of 2000.
- Good knowledge of road networks in the Peninsula.
- Ability to accept accountability and responsibility and to work independently and unsupervised.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Responsible for vehicles and maintenance.
- Capacity to work amongst people with disabilities/special mental healthcare needs.
Duties (key result areas/outputs)
- Schedule and plan transport routes for the transport of goods, services and personnel from one point to another.
- Ensure accurate completion of logbooks.
- Conduct routine maintenance, inspecting on vehicles and timely reporting of defects.
- Adhere to departmental codes and procedures.
- Assist the Transport Officer to maintain the transport fleet in a clean and roadworthy condition.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post.
Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This post was also advertised in Athlone News: 13/2/2019, PSVC 6/2019.
The Chief Executive Officer: Human Resource Department
Private Bag X1
(For attention: Mr F Leukes)
Mr MS Ariefdien
Tel: (021) 503-5061