- Glencore Boshoek Smelter
- Boshoek, Rustenburg, North West, South Africa
Closing date : 07 March 2019
P1/P2 Workplace Experience Programs available for the following disciplines:
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
The Practical Workplace Experience Programme provides work experience to students who study towards and who have completed the theory component in Engineering and/or Metallurgical-related qualifications at a Technicon or University of Technology. The programme is composed of practical workplace exposure P1 for 6 months and P2 for 6 months.
- Studying towards a Diploma/Degree in Electrical (heavy current), Mechanical, Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering.
- Must have completed S1- S4 theory component of the qualification and only need the practical workplace experience component to complete the qualification.
SKILLS REQUIREMENTS :
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer Literate (Microsoft computer packages)
- General knowledge of Safety Systems
- Must be medically fit
- Enter into a tripartite agreement between the Student, Host Company and the MQA.
- Undergo practical training and exposure at the premises of the Company
THE COMPANY OFFERS:
- Workplace exposure contract for the duration of the programme
“Firstly, the company offers attractive packages. There are good systems in place indicating that the company cares for its employees. The medical aid and provident fund, are the best I have encountered”
“Glencore is the best company I have ever worked for. I honestly believe that we take good care of our employees and that it is an organisation which invests in employees and communities. My relationship with my supervisor and the way that my input and contributions get valued and appreciated, are some of the reasons for my high level of job satisfaction”
“The CEO is doing an EXCELLENT job. This is evident in Glencore Ferroalloys’ result as compared with its peers in the alloys space”
“Glencore has five values and in my division we live those values every single day. We are encouraged and invited to participate in all areas of our business. This makes it exciting and fun to work here.”
How to apply: