|Job||Institution: George Hospital (Chief Directorate: Rural Health Services)|
Core Title: Health Associated Sciences and Support Services
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic numeracy and literacy.
- Appropriate cleaning experience in a hospital environment.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Ability to perform physical tasks, e.g. lifting of heavy equipment.
- Willingness to works shifts, weekends, public holidays and night duty.
- Good communications skills (oral and written will be tested) in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Sound interpersonal skills.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- General cleaning which includes (sweep, scrub, mop floors, dust, wash and polish floors and furniture, empty dirt bins daily, clean windows, light shades, walls, linen and clothing).
- Regular cleaning of fridges, microwaves and other equipment and report any repairs that need to be done.
- Execute cleaning tasks in order to ensure a clean, hygienic and safe environment.
- Fill up water dispensers for visitors or out-patients and provision of water for in-patients.
- Responsible for refuse handling, stock control of equipment and supplies as well as cost-effective utilisation of consumables and other resources.
- Attend in-service training appropriate to service delivery and prevention of medico-legal incidents.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This post was also advertised in George Herald 7/3/2019, PSVC 9/2019.