Closing date: 31 May 2019
Operating entity: SA Ops: Secunda Synfuels Operations
Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Department: Refining Mechanical East
Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) operates the world’s largest coal-to-liquids (CTL) facility and produces synthesis gas (syngas) through coal gasification and natural gas reforming, using Sasol’s unique and proprietary Fischer-Tropsch technology to manufacture synthetic fuel components, pipeline gas and chemical feedstock.
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To ensure continuous Mechanical maintenance on Plant.
- Maintenance on mechanical equipment, first and second line
- Fault finding Inspection of plant equipment
- Perform standby duties
- Effectively interface and support the production departments
- Maintenance on: filters, pumps, valves, piping, flanges, cooling towers, heat exchangers, drum, tanks and steam condensers
- Contribute towards creating motivated teams within and outside the discipline)
- Ensure safety on area of responsibility
- Manage and control spares
- Experience in pressure testing
- Maintenance knowledge of piping systems and valves
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, this position requires physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria
- A Valid Driver’s License (Must)
- Grade 12 or N3 with English, Math’s and Science (Must)
- NQF4 Occupational Trade test (Mechanical) / NQF4 CHIETA or equivalent (Must)
Specific experience required
- Experience in working on Multi stage reciprocating compressors
- Fault finding experience
- Ordering of spares and equipment
- Experience in a chemical/industrial environment preferred
- Experience on Petro-Chemical equipment would be an added advantage
- Scoping and planning of general running plant equipment outages
- Root cause analysis techniques
- Knowledge of pumps
- Safety Management
- Report non-conformances
- Training of Assistants
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
- Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
- If you don’t hear from us within a month (30 days) after the closing date of the advert, please regard your application as unsuccessful.