This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement :Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating Division.
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
Post : Transnet Port Terminals , Human Resources , Recruitment Office , Port Elizabeth , 6000
The closing date is on 17.03.2020. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at Transnet. Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email Transnet@tip-offs.com
Operating Division : TPT Nqgura CT
Position Title : Port Worker X18
Employee Group : Non Permanent
Department : Operations
Location : Ngqura
Reporting To : Operations Coordinator
Grade Level : HRLYL1
Reference Number : 2003825
The provision of labour as directed by supervisor in order to ensure a safe and clean working environment or optimized cargo operation
1. Cleaning of operational equipment (such as ship to shore cranes’ windows; cranes’ cabins; etc.)
2. Inspection of container condition
3. Reefer monitoring operations
4. Opening and Closing of rail wagons twist-locks
5. Loading, off- loading and stacking of cargo in compliance of standard operating procedures.
6. Hooking / unhooking
7. Tarpin/untarping where applicable
8. Place /remove dunnage
9. Cleaning of operational areas, rail trucks, plant, workshops, offices, sheds and ablution facilities as instructed.
10. Compete applicable documentation i.e accident reports.
11. Identification of correct cargo handling equipment/ gear.
12. Perform any other general worker duty as and when instructed by the business.
Qualifications & Experience:
Matric / NQF Level 4 with minimum of 2 years as a port worker/general worker
- Terminal Layout