Sappi Southern Africa
Warehouse Assistant ( P17 )
Sappi Stanger Mill requires a Warehouse Assistant to wrap tissue rolls to required customer specification according to best operating practices and ISO standards to achieve maximum productivity.
This role reports into the Production Foreman .
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Prepares wrapping material and wraps reels to standard specifications
- Labels reels and ensures correct tonnages are processed
- Ensures plugs, bungs and side discs are used as required
- Reports any shortage of wrapping material and accessories
- Carries out duties of Tally Clerk during their absence
- Assists on Winder when required
- Assists with Tissue Machine start up and shuts
- Understands and complies with all SHEQ requirements of the job
- Carries out BBS Observations
- Identify and take corrective action in terms of SHEQ conditions and hazards
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all times
- Adheres to environmental policy and procedures including
- Reduces waste
- Prevents spills
- Meets environmental targets which apply to his sphere of influence
- Complies with hazardous chemical handling procedures
- Complies with environmental legal requirements
The ideal candidate should have:
- Matric (Grade 12) or N3 pulp and paper or NQF Level 4 Paper Board or NCV L3 Pulp and Paper
- Pulp and paper studies preferred
- 3 months experience in a manufacturing environment, Paper production preferred
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.